When reporting a marriage between a Korean national and a foreign resident
(when the couple is reporting the marriage in Korea first)
Place of reporting: Civil & Passport Division, Dongdaemun-gu Office (Tel 2127-4448)
1. Affidavit of Eligibility for Marriage (Original) of the foreign spouse
2. Korean copy of the Affidavit of Eligibility for Marriage
*Because the Affidavit of Eligibility for Marriage differs from country to country, the person must receive confirmation
from his or her country’s embassy in Korea or from the clerk in charge of birth reporting in the relevant si (city), gu (district),
eup (township), or myeon (town).
3. Certificate of marriage (1 copy)
4. The names of two witnesses (Korean), and their national resident numbers, addresses and signatures or stamps must
be entered on the certificate of marriage.
5. The stamp or signature of both spouses must be entered on the certificate of marriage.
6. Personal identification card of the spouses (originals)
7. Certificate of nationality (original passports, birth certificate, etc.)